1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line and grease a 9-inch round pan or a 10×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the eight dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and pour in the oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and honey. Stir mixture vigorously until it’s smooth. Mix in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts last.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan, smooth top, and bake for 45-60 minutes, until it’s a deep golden brown. A loaf cake will usually take longer than a round cake. Cake is ready when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few or no crumbs on it. Once you remove the cake, don’t shut off the oven.
4. While waiting for your cake to cool, place the pecans or walnuts for topping on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until browned and toasted.
5. Once cake is removed from the oven, the center may deflate ever so slightly. That’s okay. Let cake cool 30 minutes before inverting onto a cake rack. Place a piece of tin foil or parchment paper under the cake rack, so it will catch the dripping icing when you glaze the cake.
6. Once cake is completely cooled, drizzle glaze on top. Sprinkle toasted nuts on top of cake right after glazing, so they stick onto the icing before it dries.
7. To make the glaze, whisk all ingredients together untill glaze is smooth and is a pourable consistency.