Impress your guests with this decadent and beautiful dessert. It’s made with better-for-you ingredients, but nobody will ever know…
Prepare the Healthier Chocolate-Caramel Tart
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9-inch round pan with oil spray.
2. In a bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
3. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Allow to cool.
5. In a food processor or high-powered blender, mix “caramel” ingredients together. The amount of water you need will depend on how soft and plump your dates are; start with a quarter cup and add more if necessary. The “caramel” should have a pasty consistency.
6. Spread “caramel” onto crust. Freeze for one hour.
7. Melt chocolate chips and oil and pour over tart. Return to freezer until chocolate has hardened.
8. When ready to serve, loosen the tart from the pan using a sharp knife and flip onto a large serving dish. Decorate and serve immediately.