1. Cut each chicken thigh into squares (as much as possible), approximately three pieces per thigh. This is so they cook evenly. In a bowl, combine chicken and all marinade ingredients.
2. HEALTHIEST VERSION. If grilling, spray a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and grill chicken on both sides until cooked through, about four minutes per side. You can also cook the chicken in a sauté pan with a bit of olive oil.
3. CRISPY BAKED VERSION. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet. After you’ve grilled the portion for certain members of the family, make the rest of the chicken crispy. Add cornstarch, eggs, and bread crumbs to three separate plates. Dredge the marinated chicken first in the cornstarch, then egg, then bread crumbs.
4. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken and cook for about two minutes on each side, just until crumbs are brown and crisp. Cooking spray also works but they won’t get as brown and crispy.
5. Transfer chicken to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes to allow chicken to finish cooking inside. Baking time may vary, depending on the thickness of your chicken.
6. Assemble sandwiches, whether it’s the grilled or baked versions, with chicken and desired fillings.