Late-summer sweet corn has always been one of my favorites. It brings to mind hot days picking corn, zucchini, and tomatoes at Kelder’s upstate — the corn so fresh and sweet that the kids ate it raw off the cob. This salad is a true meal in one.
Prepare the Salad
1. Preheat grill.
2. Season chicken with salt, pepper, onion, and garlic. Grill for 10–12 minutes per side, or until interior temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius).
3. Spray corn and scallions with cooking spray and season with salt. Grill corn for about 15 minutes or until nicely browned in spots. Grill scallions for about three to five minutes per side.
To Assemble the Salad
1. Cut chicken into strips.
2. Slice corn off the cob.
3. Cut scallions into one-inch (two centimeter) pieces.
4. Combine chicken, corn, and scallions with lettuce and red onion.
5. Combine dressing ingredients and pour over salad.