1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash and peel the butternut squash and then cut it into cubes. You can also buy pre-cut butternut squash if your grocery store provides it.
3. Place the cubed butternut squash on a lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Massage the oil into all the pieces, ensuring they’re all evenly coated.
4. Roast for around an hour or until you can pierce through the butternut squash with a knife.
5. Meanwhile, add all of the other ingredients to a bowl and whisk well.
6. Once the butternut squash is roasted and cooled off, add it to a big bowl.
7. Lower the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Pour the liquid mixture on top of the roasted butternut squash.
9. Blend everything using a hand blender or food processor.
10. Pour the mixture into a round baking dish and bake for around one hour. Allow the pie to cool for around 30 minutes before serving.