1. Stir together all ingredients besides fish and pour into a shallow baking dish.
2. Gently place the fish fillets on top of the marinade, wrap with foil and refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes. (Gently place the fish in the marinade so it is not coated in the sauce, only sitting on top. This ensures the fish stays white which contrasts nicely with the dark sauce).
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
4. Bake the fish, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes, until cooked through.
5. Remove and place the fish on serving plates. Spoon sauce around the fish. Add basil, green onion, and chili slices to garnish. Serve with vegetables and/or rice.