When Chinese and Italian meet in this delectable and easy dinner dish, you’ve got a real crowd-pleaser! Prep in the morning and pop in the oven to finish cooking once you get home from your Chol Hamoed outing. An all-in-one meal!
Prepare the Sesame Chicken
1. Place chicken, flour, and salt in a large ziplock bag and seal. Shake well until chicken is fully coated.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
3. Pour oil into a large nonstick frying pan and heat. Put coated chicken nuggets into pan and stir, breaking up pieces with a spoon and turning them over as they cook.
4. Brown chicken until mostly cooked through and remove to a baking pan. Add gnocchi to the baking pan along with the snap peas, if desired.
5. In a separate bowl, stir together brown sugar, ketchup, and water; pour over chicken and gnocchi. Stir to coat and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes. Stir once more before serving.
Food and Prop Styling by Renee Muller Photography by Moshe Wulliger
good. easy. tasty
The ingredient list doesn’t specify to cook the gnocchi beforehand and it was not ready in the amount of time this recipe says to bake for. It was still hard, I had to bake it a lot more to get it soft.
I would recommend cooking the gnocchi for the 3 minutes the pkg instructions say and then add it in to bake as this recipe says
I personally didn’t like the overall taste of this, it has a very ketchupy taste…