1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray two baking sheets and lay zucchini flat on tray. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and a little salt. Rub it all over on both sides. Bake for 15-25 minutes or until zucchini is soft.
3. Mix some salt into your ground meat. Saute in a pan just until meat isn’t pink.
4. Mix the tomato sauce with sugar and about two teaspoons salt.
5. To assemble: Pour small amount of tomato mixture into a 9×13 just to cover the bottom. Layer the zucchini over the sauce. Layer all the meat on top and then another layer of zucchini. Pour the rest of the sauce over everything.
6. Bake covered on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.