1. In a large roasting pan or Dutch oven, place chicken pieces.
2. Add in your carrots, shallots and garlic getting in between the chicken pieces.
3. Add in orange slices, bay leaves and thyme.
4. In a bowl, mix honey, fig jam, olive oil, soy sauce, Dijon, citrus zest, salt, and pepper.
5. Pour over chicken and vegetables evenly.
6. Cover pot and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 325 convection) for an hour and a half. Uncover and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (350 convection) for an additional 20 to 30 minutes until top is caramelized and sauce is thickened.