1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare a mixing bowl, making sure it is completely dry and clean. Add the egg whites, salt, and sugar and mix well with a spoon. Place it on top of a boiling saucepan for a few minutes, stirring regularly. It’s ready when the sugar is completely dissolved. You can check with clean fingers.
3. Put the bowl in the mixer and beat on high until the meringue is formed.
4. Fold in vanilla, vinegar, and cornstarch with a spatula.
5. Fill a piping bag with the meringue and shape small nests (if you don’t have a piping bag you can definitely make the nests with a spoon, get creative).
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 40 minutes or until they become hard.
7. Right before serving, fill the nests with whipped cream or custard and decorate with fresh fruits.
8. Topping with mint leaves is optional but definitely a nice touch.