1. In a large skillet, and on a low flame, sweat chopped shallots. Sprinkle with salt, this helps extract liquid and flavor. When onions are soft and translucent add garlic. Stir to combine.
2. Turn flame to medium heat. Add chopped assorted mushrooms to skille and sauté for five to 10 minutes or until nice and soft.
3. Add thyme and sage and wine. Bring to boil and turn down to reduce.
4. Add chicken stock and a little more salt and pepper. Bring to a boil again, then turn down and simmer on low till liquid has reduced, around 45 minutes.
5. Let cool. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with crostinis, and non-dairy sour cream.