1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
2. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and spray with olive oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, thyme, granulated garlic, and one tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat evenly.
3. Place baking sheet in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pot and add the sliced onions and garlic. Sauté over medium-low heat for around 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning. When the onions are uniformly brown and caramelized looking, remove them from the pot.
5. Transfer the roasted mushrooms and whatever liquid is in the pan to the pot. Add the vegetable broth, wine, and honey, and blend with an immersion blender until the mixture is silky smooth. Add the onions back in along with one teaspoon salt, 1/4 t easpoon black pepper, parsley, basil, and dill. If using turkey necks, place
them in the soup in a mesh bag.
6. Bring the soup to a boil and then cover and simmer over low heat for 30–45 minutes. If using turkey necks, simmer for an hour to an hour and a half. Once soup is cooked, stir in a scant tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Remove turkey necks and enjoy!