1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Rinse the beef in cold water and place in a large, deep pan.
2. Add the vinegar, two tablespoons of the brown sugar, and half a cup of the orange juice.
3. Fill the pan with water to cover the beef (about two and a half cups), cover tightly with foil, and bake until fork tender, three to four hours. Remove the beef from the oven and uncover.
4. In a small bowl, combine the one cup brown sugar, the two tablespoons remaining orange juice, mustard, and allspice to make a thick glaze.
5. Raise the oven temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the beef from its juices and transfer to a baking dish fatty-side up, discarding the juices. Score the top of the brisket with a sharp knife in a diamond pattern. Spread the brown sugar glaze over the scored beef and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and cool. Slice across the grain. Serve with mustard, if desired.
Oven-Baked Glazed Corned Beef will keep in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to one week. Can freeze for up to two months.
Subscribe to our email list for more great recipes, straight to your inbox! <Click Here to get our newsletter!>