1. Place potatoes in a small pot and cover with water. Cook until soft. Drain, mash with a potato masher (or blend with an immersion blender) until smooth, and set aside, covered,
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
3. Heat olive oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add onions and sauté for 10 minutes. Add carrots and mushrooms and sauté five more minutes. Add sweet potato and zucchini and continue sautéing an additional five minutes, stirring frequently, until all the veggies have wilted and changed colors.
4. Remove pan from heat and transfer the vegetables to a large bowl. Add reserved mashed potatoes and combine. Add eggs and seasonings and mix thoroughly. Dice the pastrami and add it to the batter. Mix until evenly distributed throughout.
5. Pour the mixture into a round Pyrex (recommended) or large foil pan with high sides, lined with Gefen Parchment Paper and sprayed with cooking spray. Alternatively, line muffin cups with pastrami, criss-crossing the slices, and fill with a scoop of batter. Fold pastrami over the batter. Bake for 30–40 minutes or until set and golden brown. Let sit for a few minutes before removing from the cups and serving.