I used to have a love-hate relationship with pepper steak—I loved the dish, but I hated that with every recipe I have ever followed, the meat came out extremely tough. Well, I am here to say I now have a love-love relationship with this dish since I figured out a new baking method that makes all the difference!
Prepare the Pepper Steak Bowl
1. Place meat and teriyaki sauce in a bowl. Marinate for about 20 minutes.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and add onion and peppers. Sauté for five to seven minutes or until translucent.
3. In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients.
4. Pour into a 9×13-inch pan. Add vegetables and meat, discarding the extra marinade. Toss well.
5. Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour. (Alternatively, simmer everything in the skillet for one hour, covered.)