1. Use foil to line a baking dish that holds the chicken pieces snugly. Arrange the chicken in a single layer. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a small pot over medium heat, whisk the silan or honey, brown sugar, pomegranate juice, teriyaki sauce, cornstarch, tomato paste, thyme, and garlic. Bring to a simmer over medium heat for a minute or two until thickened. Whisk in the margarine. Reduce heat slightly. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Generously brush the pomegranate mixture on each piece of chicken. Drizzle additional sauce over the top of each piece.
5. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink at the bone. The dark meat may take a little longer, if so, remove the white meat to a platter and cook the dark until done. Brush chicken with the sauce in the pan every 15 minutes during cooking. After 45 minutes, turn on the broiler and broil the chicken until the skin is brown and crispy; keep a close eye on it. Transfer to a platter and baste again with pan sauce. Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds and some of the pan sauce.