1. In a pot, combine the stock, ginger, lemongrass, dried shiitake mushrooms, kombu, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer on very low for at least 40 minutes, but up to one and a half hours for a deeper flavor.
2. When stock has cooked, using a slotted spoon, remove and discard ginger, lemongrass, mushrooms, and kombu.
3. Add the bok choy, simmer for two minutes, remove with slotted spoon, and set aside.
4. Add the carrots, simmer for two minutes, remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
5. Add the mushrooms, simmer for two minutes, remove and set aside.
6. To serve: Divide sliced steak, ramen noodles, bok choy, carrots, and mushrooms between serving bowls, add the broth until just covered, and finish off with toppings of your choice.