1. Beat egg whites for nut cake until fluffy.
2. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff.
3. In a separate bowl, beat yolks until light.
4. Carefully fold yolks into egg whites, adding rest of ingredients and mixing only until smooth.
5. Pour into cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
7. Cool. Freeze for 1 hour.
8. Roll out dough, place onto cookie sheet.
9. Prick dough.
10. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until delicately golden. Cool.
For round cake, prepare only one cake, bake in two 9″springform pans. Dough, frosting and brittle should be reduced to 1/2. Proceed as above.