Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken Skin Gremolata
Meat 6 Servings
1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Tree nuts
- Gluten Free - Low Carb - No Refined Sugar
Soups are only as good as their toppings; that’s a principle I’ve abided by for a long time! So when I found this chicken skin gremolata recipe, it was only a matter of time before I made a soup to go with it. And so my gremolata obsession continues!
Prepare the Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss carrots, squash, sweet potato, zucchini and garlic with oil and one teaspoon salt. Spread on a lined baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes, until golden.
2. In a large pot, sweat onions with remaining teaspoon salt over low heat until soft and translucent and liquid has been released, about 30 to 45 minutes.
3. When roasted vegetables are ready, add to sweated onions along with turmeric. Sauté for 10 minutes over low heat.
4. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for one hour.
Prepare the Chicken Skin Gremolata
1. Arrange chicken skins in a single layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Roast at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until golden and crisp, 12 to 18 minutes. Let cool, then chop coarsely.
2. In a separate bowl, combine parsley, garlic, lemon zest and pistachios. Add chopped chicken skin and toss to combine. Set aside.
1. Let soup cool slightly, then transfer soup to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
2. Serve with nondairy sour cream and sprinkle with gremolata.