This easy low-calorie recipe for roasted spaghetti squash and tomato bowls uses colorful grape tomatoes, fresh garlic and herbs for a simple, flavorful, and very low-calorie dish. Enjoy as part of a satisfying, yummy meal.
Prepare the Roasted Spaghetti Squash Bowls
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with Gefen Parchment Paper or a non-stick silicone baking mat.
2. Trim the ends of the spaghetti squash and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and place cut-side-down. Pierce the skin in a few places with a fork. Add a bit of water to cover the bottom of the pan and tightly cover with heavy duty aluminum foil.
3. Place tomatoes in a separate small shallow baking pan or sheet. Rub the tomatoes with the garlic and herbs and spread in a single layer so they roast evenly.
4. Roast squash and tomatoes for 45 minutes or until squash is tender and the tomatoes are slightly browned and bursting. Toss the tomatoes every 15 to 20 minutes to ensure they don’t burn.
5. Remove from the oven and flip the squash over (cut side up) to let cool slightly.
6. Use a large fork to create “spaghetti” strands. Top with the roasted tomatoes and season with salt substitute or salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!