1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown steak for about four minutes per side.
2. Transfer steak to a slow cooker.
3. In a medium bowl, mix broth, tomato sauce, onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, cilantro, olive oil and imitation vinegar. Stir until well blended and pour over steak.
4. Cover and cook on high for four hours or on low for up to 10 hours. When ready to serve, shred the meat and serve with tortillas or rice. For Passover, serve over crispy potatoes (recipe to follow), fried potato chips, mashed potatoes, or sweet potatoes.
5. To stack, place two layers of crispy potatoes in a round three-inch cylinder, add a layer of 1/2 cup shredded meat and press down, then add one more layer of crispy potatoes. Remove the cylinder gently. Serve warm. Garnish with chives and a fresh sprinkle of parsley.