These charming stacks are easy to make and fun to assemble. Prepare and freeze the wontons weeks in advance and you are ready for some creative stacking any time.
To Make Wontons
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium flame. Carefully place wontons in a single layer and cook until golden and crispy. (It goes quickly, so watch closely.) Remove wontons and set on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil. Repeat with remaining wontons.
To Make the Salmon Salad
1. Drain salmon well. In a medium bowl, mash salmon with a fork, then add mayonnaise and mix. Add celery, parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Can be made two days in advance.
To Make the Guacamole
1. Combine avocado, tomato, scallions, lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Mash avocado slightly, leaving it mostly chunky. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
1. Place a fried wonton on a small plate. Use an ice cream scoop to form a scoop of guacamole and place on the wonton.
2. Layer a second wonton, then a scoop of salmon salad. Top with another crisp wonton and garnish with scallions.