1. Pour the water and soy sauce into the Instant Pot.
2. Add the sesame oil, ginger, garlic, sugar, and five-spice powder and stir to combine.
3. Add the chicken wings and stir to coat with the liquid. The wings should be mostly submerged; if necessary, add a little more water.
4. Lock the lid into place. Select Manual; adjust the pressure to High and the time to 10 minutes.
5. After cooking, quick release the pressure. Unlock and remove the lid. Using a spider or skimmer, remove the wings from the pot and set aside on a plate.