1. In a pot, heat one tablespoon of the canola oil over medium heat. Add the rice and toast until fragrant. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup of the sauce, and mix well. Then add the water and bring to a boil. When it comes to a boil, lower to a simmer and cover. Cook for 40 minutes.
2. Prepare the peppers by cutting off the tops and cleaning out the seed and ribs from the inside.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place one tablespoon of oil in a pot or oven-proof pan and heat the oil in the oven for about five minutes. Carefully remove the pan with a potholder as the handle will be hot.
4. Fill the peppers halfway with the rice and spoon about one to two tablespoons of the remaining sauce on top of the rice in the peppers. Cook at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
5. Crack one egg at a time into a small bowl, (inspect it), and then carefully pour the egg on top of each pepper. Return to the oven for 10 more minutes to cook until the whites are cooked, but the yolk is still soft.