1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit using an oil thermometer to ensure correct temperature has been reached.
2. Working in batches, dredge chicken pieces into the flour mixture, gently patting each piece with the flour so it’s really well coated. Shake the chicken so that excess flour falls into the bowl. Immediately place well-coated chicken into hot oil.
3. Fry each piece for approximately five minutes until it has reached the internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from oil and place chicken on wire cooling rack over baking sheet to keep the skin crispy.
4. Allow oil temperature to come back to 360 degrees Fahrenheit before adding the next batch as the temperature of the oil will drop as the chicken is added.
5. Bring the chicken to room temperature.