1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high flame.
3. Add onion to pan; sauté four minutes or until tender.
4. Add garlic; sauté one minute.
5. Stir in seasonings, followed by chopped tomatoes, olives, white wine, and two and a half tablespoons parsley.
6. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
7. Add spaghetti to sauce mixture. Cook two minutes or until thoroughly heated.
8. Sprinkle with remaining half tablespoons parsley. Garnish with grated American cheese if desired.
Tips: For those family members who prefer plain pasta, cook up a pot of spaghetti and set some of it aside before combining with the sauce.
Sauce can be prepared the night before and refrigerated until use.