1. Once dough has chilled and filling has cooled, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with Gefen Parchment Paper.
2. Prepare egg wash by thoroughly whisking together egg and one teaspoon water.
3. Transfer pie crust to a clean, lightly floured surface and dust with additional flour as needed. Roll the dough out until it’s about 1/8-to-1/4-inch thick and cut medium sized rectangles, about two and a half by four inches. You will need 16 rectangles to make eight pop tarts.
4. Place one rectangle on prepared baking sheet and lightly brush the surface with egg wash. Drop a rounded tablespoon of strawberry filling into the center with spoon, then top with another rectangle of dough. Use a fork to crimp the sides to seal, then brush the surface of the dough with egg wash. Poke holes on top with a fork.
5. Repeat steps above until you have formed all of your pop tarts, then transfer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius) oven and bake for 15 to 17 minutes and beginning to turn golden brown. Allow pop tarts to cool on a baking sheet before decorating with icing.