1. Pluck off the basil leaves from the stems.
2. Add to a blender about 30% oil (prefer canola or a blend, not extra virgin) and then about 20% salt. Add the basil leaves to the blender (reserve a few for garnish) and put on high until everything in the blender is moving. Wait six to eight minutes (be careful, as the blender will get super hot!)
3. Once the time has passed, place five layers of cheesecloth in a strainer, then strain off the solids. You should get a beautiful green oil!
4. Cut tomatoes into wedges and place in a bowl. Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the bowl, and add salt (go heavy) and pepper.
5. Add frisee and/or arugula to the bowl.
6. Get just a few basil leaves and pluck them – remember, do not use a knife! Add them to the bowl.