1. Heat a large pot on medium-high with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
2. Add your onion, carrots, and celery into the pot and stir. Let the veggies cook for about five minutes, stirring occasionally. They will start to soften.
3. Add in your ground beef, garlic, basil, and Italian seasoning. Stir again and let your ground beef start to cook.
4. When it’s about halfway cooked, add in your apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, and tomato products.
5. Partially cover the pot and let it simmer on low for as long as you’d like, at least 45 minutes. About 10 minutes before serving, I like to pull the top off and let it continue to simmer. This helps the sauce to thicken up a little without adding any additional ingredients.
6. Before serving, taste test your sauce and adjust seasoning if needed.