1. In mixer, combine 3/4 cup sugar, confectioners sugar, almonds and lemon juice. Add margarine, two and 1/4 cups sugar, yolks and almond extract. Mix until crumbly. Add flour and salt gradually, mixing well, for five minutes.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold beaten whites into batter. Divide batter into three equal parts.
3. To part one, add cocoa. To part two, add pink food coloring or strawberry extract. To part three, add vanilla extract.
4. Spread each batter into lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool and invert onto lined cookie sheets.
5. Dissolve jam in a bit of hot water and mix until smooth. Spread onto first cake.
6. Invert second cake over first cake and spread jam over. Top with third cake.
7. Place a heavy object onto cake (cutting board etc.) to bear down. Refrigerate for several hours.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line six cookie sheets and set aside.