1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grate the potatoes, add one teaspoon salt, mix well and let them sit in a colander with a bowl under it for 20 minutes. Squeeze as much water out of the grated potatoes as you can.
3. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, one teaspoon salt and pepper.
4. Add the vegetable oil and mix well.
5. Generously spray a 24-muffin tin pan with cooking spray. Arrange grated potatoes into each muffin cup, pressing against the bottom and up the sides, creating a nest.
6. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until they start to brown slightly and the potatoes are cooked. Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly. Carefully unmold each potato nest, using a butter knife around the edges of the nest.
7. For plating, place three potato nests on an appetizer plate, and fill each one with a different filling: BBQ pulled beef, sautéed ground beef with onions and teriyaki mushrooms. Sprinkle with chives to give it a fresh and gourmet look. Serve at room temperature, or warm up fillings and plate before serving so filling is warm. All of the fillings can be made in advance and warmed up as needed.