1. Heat a medium sized pot. Drizzle the oil and add the onions. Sauté till translucent.
2. Add spices and salt, mix, then pour in tomato sauce and water.
3. Add bay leaf and soy sauce and bring to a simmer.
Prepare the Meatballs
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Roll into medium-size balls and gently place in the simmering sauce. Once all the meatballs are in, bring to a boil and immediately lower heat to a simmer for about 45 minutes. Enjoy over black bean spaghetti or your favorite starch!