1. Preheat oven to 375 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare an oven-proof dish with spray, add the chopped shallot, apple, and sweet potato with some of the olive oil, stir and bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until softened.
3. Add the chickpeas, capers, the balance of the olive oil, and stir it all up. Add some salt and pepper, even a few shakes of red pepper flakes.
4. Smooth it out in the dish, give a light circular drizzle of silan (or honey if you wish, not too much), top with sprigs of thyme and thin orange slices. Cover and put back in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Serve warm. Goes phenomenally well with bread and challah!