1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Roll out pastry dough. Place onto 17- by 11-inch cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff, gradually adding sugar. Slowly add remaining ingredients.
5. Pour into 16- by 10-inch baking pan and bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until done. Cool.
6. Beat whip cream until stiff. Spread over cake. Freeze until stiff.
7. Spread cherry pie filling over whipped cream. Top with baked pastry.
8. Freeze before slicing. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar before serving.