1. In a large bowl, combine oil, mustard, honey, soy sauce, and garlic. Mix well.
2. Add salmon fillets and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine panko crumbs and garlic powder. Fully coat the salmon slices in the panko mixture.
4. In a large, deep frying pan over medium heat, heat half a cup oil. Place salmon flesh-side down in the pan and fry for about five minutes per side, until fish is flaky. (Depending on the thickness of your fish, it can take a bit longer or shorter, so keep checking.)
5. Remove from oil and drain on a cooling rack.
6. In a small bowl, mix all pesto ingredients until well combined and slightly runny. (After refrigerating, you may need to add a bit of oil to achieve the right consistency.)
7. Drizzle over fish.
If you want to bake the fish, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, line a baking sheet with Gefen Parchment Paper, and pour three tablespoons oil onto the pan. Place the fish skin-side down on the pan and spray the tops of the fish with baking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.