1. Prepare the sauce by emptying the bottle of Tuscanini crushed tomatoes into a large bowl. Add the melted butter, spices and fresh herbs, then mix well.
2. Slice the zucchinis and tomatoes very thinly. Begin assembling the dish by spreading a layer of cheese on the bottom of a pan. Layer with the vegetables and the tomato sauce from the bowl. Add a layer of mozzarella cheese.
3. Continue layering until you reach the top of the pan.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (175 to 190 degrees Celsius) for 20 to 30 minutes, then finish off with four to five minutes on the broil setting.
5. Top with some fresh basil leaves and enjoy this delicious dish! Sheyibaneh beis hamikdash b’meherah v’yameinu.