A quick and easy pan-seared flounder over a bed of fried potato slices, sautéed onions and garlic, and diced peppers and pears, topped with sliced almonds.
Make the Flounder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add onion and garlic and saute until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Saute potato in frying pan until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. In the same frying pan, saute flounder two to three minutes until golden brown. Flip and brown the second side. Remove from pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a dash of paprika.
5. Combine almonds with olive oil and a dash of salt. Toast in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and chop coarsely.
1. Arrange potato slices on a serving dish. Top with sauteed onion and garlic, and then with diced pepper and pear. Add toasted almonds, and garnish with parsley leaves, lemon slices, or arugula leaves.
2. Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and drizzle on top of fish. If serving on individual plates, place a dollop of sauce at the side of the plate.