1. Heat chocolate chips in the microwave in 20-second intervals until melted. Set aside.
2. Place the Lotus cookies in a food processor and pulse until they become crumbs.
3. Remove crumbs to a bowl and add softened cream cheese. Mix with a hand mixer until creamy. Add Lotus and chocolate and mix until combined.
4. Use a cookie scoop to form the Lotus mixture into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Freeze for about 30 minutes.
5. In the meantime, make your batter. Mix together pancake mix, soy milk, egg, and oil until combined.
6. Put around one to two inches of oil in a pan and heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (on a thermometer). Dip the truffles into the batter and let the excess drip off, then place into the hot oil. Fry for two to three minutes, turning the truffles often.
7. Top with confectioners’ sugar and enjoy immediately!