A showstopping starter that is a tasty pairing of two of my favorite foods.
Prepare the Squares
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
2. Line frozen puff pastry squares on a sprayed, Gefen Parchment-lined baking sheet. Pierce the squares several times with a fork and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes until slightly puffed and golden. Remove from oven and cool.
3. Prepare the guacamole by placing all the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix together until completely combined.
4. In a small cup or bowl, prepare the Spicy Mayo by whisking together mayonnaise and Frank’s hot sauce until completely smooth.
5. Slice or dice the kani.
Assemble the Squares
1. Place a puff pastry square on a small appetizer plate. Drizzle with spicy mayo (optional).
2. Add a scoop of guacamole and kani slices. Drizzle spicy mayo over guacamole and kani dressing over the kani.
Photography: Lisa Monahan.
Food Styling: Chani Nayman.
Made it for sheva brochos. Subsitured the kani for salt beef. Was a complete showstopper and plates were polished off!
Perfect for Purim Seudah I made this for my Purim Seudah, and it was a hit. I left out the cornstarch in the kani dressing, because I believe cornstarch must be cooked, and I couldn’t figure out how to manage that from the recipe instructions. The dressing was a little thin, but it worked out great. Also–I forgot to put the guacamole on the first one, and it was still delicious without the guac. I think this would be a nice starter for Sheva Berachos also.
We are so happy to hear you tried this for your Purim seudah and it was a success!