1. Crumble yeast into a small bowl. Add one cup of lukewarm water and one teaspoon sugar, mix, and let sit for five to 10 minutes until it becomes bubbly or foamy.
2. Pour half of the flour into the mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and add the proofed yeast mixture into the well.
3. Add the eggs, oil, sugar, and another cup of water and mix on low until combined.
4. Add the rest of the flour, the salt, and the rest of the water and mix until a dough is formed — approximately seven minutes.
5. Cover and let the dough rise for an hour. Deflate it and knead it just a bit before starting to braid. (Remember to do hafrashat challah.)
6. Divide the dough, braid the challahs, place them in greased pans, then cover and let rise for another half hour.
7. Brush the challah with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds or your favorite challah seasoning.
8. Bake on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.