1. Add your egg, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, a pinch of paprika, and onion powder into a medium bowl and whisk until everything is combined. Gradually add in the beer and mix until a batter has been formed. Once the batter forms, stop mixing, since we do not want to overmix the batter.
2. Add all of your chicken pieces to the bowl of batter and thoroughly coat the chicken in the batter. Next, add your cups of oil to a medium-sized pot and heat the oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Once oil is heated, add three to four pieces of battered chicken to the pot at a time. Fry for about two to three minutes on each side until the outside is light brown and crispy.
3. Place the cabbage, carrot, and onions in a large bowl. Add the four tablespoons of mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, vinegar, a pinch of freshly ground pepper and salt to taste, and a drop of truffle oil. Gently mix until all of the shredded cabbage is coated with your dressing.
4. Place your strips of “bacon” onto a sheet pan and sprinkle the brown sugar so the everything is coated evenly and place into the oven at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes, checking on it until it is crispy.
5. For the sauce, combine one cup mayonnaise and two tablespoons of BBQ sauce. (To add some extra flavor, add a drop of truffle oil into the BBQ sauce.)
6. Assemble the buns cut in half, add the creamy BBQ sauce to one side, the truffle slaw, “bacon”, crispy chicken, and enjoy.