Whole grains? Check. Healthy fats? Check. Calcium? Check. Swirly, artsy thing going on in the middle? Check and check. These filling bars are the perfect breakfast on the go, and with no oven needed, they take minutes to throw together. Plus, any breakfast that resembles a popsicle has a lower probability of getting turned down by picky eaters. It’s basic statistics.
Yields 12-14 bars
Prepare the Crust
1. Mix all crust ingredients together.
2. Press mixture into a Gefen Parchment-lined 9×7-inch (18×23-centimeter) baking pan.
Prepare the Topping
1. Place in freezer for around one hour.
2. Remove; cut down the middle and then into bars.
3. Store in individual bags in the freezer.
4. Spread yogurt on top. Put dollops of jam all around and swirl in with a toothpick.
Photography by Felicia Perretti Food and Prop Styling by Mindy Rubin Food Prep by Kayla Miller