1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Line muffin tins with greased liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugars.
3. Place apricots in a small microwaveable bowl and add orange juice. Microwave for one and a half minutes. Remove from microwave, cover, and let sit for five minutes. Drain, reserving the orange juice.
4. To the dry ingredients, add eggs, oil, applesauce, yogurt, milk, softened apricots, orange juice, and half a teaspoon orange zest. Mix minimally.
5. Pour a heaping third of a cup of the mixture into each muffin liner. Mix the remaining orange zest and three tablespoons sugar and sprinkle over tops.
6. Bake for 17 minutes, rotating muffin tins midway. Do not overbake. The key to corn muffins is their moist texture, and these are made with whole wheat flour and very little fat, so you have to be extra careful.
When there are unfilled muffin cups in the tray you’re using, fill them partway with water, to assure even baking of the muffins.
Simply corn muffins Hi the recipe sounds delicious but I’d love to make it parve without the orange flavor. Is there anyway you can share a plain corn muffin recipe? I’m dying to make it for years but haven’t found a recipe yet…
Hi! Here is a regular corn muffin recipe. https://www.kosher.com/recipe/maple-cornbread-bacon-muffins-4824
You can omit the fake ‘bacon’ bites that goes on top if you would like to keep them parve.