1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat an eight-inch round or oval oven-safe dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, half a cup sugar, and brown sugar until well combined. Add pumpkin puree, then egg and vanilla and mix well. Add two teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and salt and mix to combine.
3. Roll pizza dough out into a large rectangle. Cut to make eight fairly even squares.
4. Place about one to one and a half tablespoons of pumpkin cheese filling in the center of each square of dough (the filling will be liquidy). Pick up the corners of the dough and pinch them together, trying to contain the liquid in the center of the dough, without letting any spill out. Seal all sides together and roll it gently between your palms to form a ball. Repeat with remaining dough and filling and place in the prepared pan, nestling them next to each other like a pull-apart challah. (Alternatively, place in greased muffin cups, seam-side down.)
5. Melt butter or margarine in a microwave. In a small bowl, combine remaining one tablespoon sugar with cinnamon. Brush each bite with melted butter and then sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
6. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes until golden brown (for muffins bake 13 to 15 minutes).