“This is one of the best chicken salads ever,” proclaimed my friend Tova B. when she shared this recipe with me. Boy, was she ever right. Bursting with flavor and with a beautiful presentation, this Raspberry Grilled Chicken Salad immediately became a welcome addition to my files.
Prepare the Dressing
1. Place tea bags in a cup with a fourth cup hot water and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
2. Once the tea has cooled, dispose tea bags and combine all dressing ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk until completely combined.
Prepare the Chicken
1. Divide dressing in half. Place half in a re-seable plastic bag along with the chicken cutlets. Allow the chicken cutlets to marinate for at least 24 hours. The longer they marinate, the more tender and flavorful they become. (Store the second half of the dressing in a cruet or container until ready to use.)
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
3. Transfer the chicken cutlets and marinade to a 9- x 13-inch (20- x 30-centimeter) baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
1. Divide lettuce, chickpeas, grape tomatoes, red onions, avocado, and pickled turnips evenly among eight plates.
2. Thinly slice the chicken cutlets and arrange over the salad.
3. Drizzle one to two tablespoons dressing over each plate.