1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium frying pan, heat one to two tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add leeks and shallots. Sauté until golden brown and soft, about five to eight minutes. Set aside.
3. In a 9×13-inch oven-safe baking dish, add the barley. Add/grate in your garlic and mix with the barley. I recommend doing this with your hands. Add in the pomegranate seeds, the apples, and the sautéed leeks and shallots. Stir to combine. Sprinkle some dried parsley.
4. Place chicken on top of the barley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle some paprika and use your hands to make sure the chicken is coated.
5. In a bowl, mix the honey, sesame seeds and sesame oil. Add in one tablespoon of a neutral-flavored oil. Mix.
6. Drizzle one tablespoon of avocado oil over the chicken. Drizzle the honey mixture over the top of the chicken.
7. Add your chicken broth. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil.
8. Bake for two hours covered. When you remove the aluminum, feel free to add some extra sesame seeds on top and fill in the spaces between the chicken with some sliced, fanned apples.
9. Bake for an additional 30 minutes uncovered.
10. Serve hot and enjoy!