Submitted by Rivka Levy
If we go to a restaurant and my husband likes a dish, he always asks me to try make it at home. Seriously?! We are going out to dinner, so I don’t have to make these things at home!!
But I guess he really thinks highly of my chef skills 🙂
Anyway that is exactly how these salmon tostadas came about. I kind of just figured it out on the way based on what we had eaten at that restaurant.
I serve these a lot on Shabbat. They look gourmet but are pretty simple to make. For me it’s all about presentation and these do it. They always impress.
1. Place corn tortilla rounds on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
2. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes (until light brown).
1. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Sauté over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side until just cooked on the inside.
1. Blend together black beans, scallion and salt until it forms a nice smooth paste.
1. Slice jalapenos and sauté with a little olive oil and maple syrup in a pan until slightly golden.
1. Lay corn tortilla rounds on a platter. Spoon some black bean paste in the center. Sprinkle with shredded lettuce, add avocado piece and top with salmon. Add garnish if desired.