These scrumptious sandwiches are a snap to pull together, especially once you’ve got all the ingredients prepped. Use fresh rolls or buns and add any vegetables of choice; using lettuce helps prevent the bread from getting too soggy from the sauce.
Prepare the Chicken Filling
1. Place mayonnaise, honey, and mustard in a medium-sized saucepan and heat through, stirring to combine.
2. Add soy sauce and blend into the sauce.
3. Add shredded chicken and sautéed vegetables and stir to combine; mix until heated through.
If you are using frozen shredded chicken, it works best to defrost before adding to the sauce. If necessary, defrost in the microwave to make this a really quick dish to prepare!
1. Open rolls and place lettuce on the bottom half.
2. Divide chicken mixture evenly among the rolls and top with French-fried onions.
3. Place a bit more lettuce over French-fried onions and cover the sandwiches.