1. Combine wine and water in a shallow dish. Dip each matzo into wine mixture until moistened. Trim matzoh to fit into a nine-inch round baking pan. Place one matzo into greased pan.
2. Combine sugar and nuts. Divide into six parts.
3. Sprinkle one part of nuts over matzo.
4. Add lemon juice to grated apples. Divide into six parts. Spread apples over nuts. Cover with a matzo.
5. Repeat with nuts, apples and matzo, ending with a matzo.
6. Pour remaining wine mixture over top matzo.
7. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour. Serve at room temperature.