1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit (260 degrees Celsius).
2. Mix all spices in a small bowl. Rub the spices all over the roast, pressing them into the meat.
3. Lightly coat the bottom of a large frying pan with oil. Heat over medium/high heat. When the oil is very hot, sear the roast on both sides until brown.
4. Place the pan with the roast in the oven for 15 minutes, uncovered. Turn off the oven and leave the roast inside for 45 minutes.
5. Take the roast out of the oven and let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes. Allow to cool, then slice.